FAQs of DVD Photo Slideshow
- What can DVD Photo Slideshow do for me?
- What’s the difference between the free trial version and the full version?
- Why I cannot run the downloded setup file?
- What is the resolution of my photos shown on TV?
- Can I create more than one albums?
- Can I loop my slideshows?
- How to copy the project you have finished to another computer?
- How many photos can be added to the slideshows?
- What kind of photos can be added to DVD Photo Slideshow?
- What kind of music can be added to DVD Photo Slideshow ?
- How to play the music or your recorded voice in slideshow?
- What is the DVD padding mode?
- The photos can not be in the same album with video clips?
- Can DVD Photo Slideshow support Windows 7 or Windows Vista ?
- How to set your own photo to be the background image of the menu?
- How to set the slideshow DVD playing way?
- How to make photos in the right order if you want to add many photos into DVD Photo Slideshow?
- How to make program window match computer screen when the program window becomes too large?
- How to create a video and upload it to YouTube?
Questions about Transition effects & Music
- Why can't I add the background music from my PC to the slideshow ?
- Why there are no transition effects when playing on TV?
- Can I customize transition effects for individual slide?
- What if I just want to add a part of the music to my slideshow?
- How to set different duration time for the photos in the album ?
- How to create a slideshow without a theme on DVD ?
Questions about the album theme or DVD playing menu template
- How can I apply album theme to my slideshow?
- Where to get more templates ?
- How to remove DVD menu if you don't want to use it ?
Questions about DVD burning
- Why pop up a dialog “Error Message” with information “There are no photos......" When I click “Burn Now!” ?
- Why the program hangs up during the burning procedures?
- Why my VCD or DVD Player does not recongnize the burned CD or DVD disc?
- Why only a part of my slideshow can not be seen on the TV?
- Why the size of my photos is only the quarter of the screen on TV?
- Why the program does not recognize my CD or DVD writer?
- The answer to the burning time or burn speed question
- How to make multiple photo DVDs ?
Questions about online order and software registration
- Is the Online Order Secure?
- When Can I Get the Registration Code after Taking Online Ordering?
- The registration window disappears quickly ?
Can DVD Photo Slideshow support Windows 7 ,Windows Vista or MAC?
DVD Photo Slideshow can runs well on all the Windows series . It is not compatible with Mac computers yet.
How to set the slideshow DVD playing way?
Please open " Menu Navigator" Tap of "Choose Menus" Window, then you will see " After playing over current album", open the down up list, there are three ways of playing albums , please choose the playing way you like.
What can DVD Photo Slideshow do for me?
DVD Photo Slideshow allows you to make use of your DVD or CD burner to create entertaining slideshows you can watch on TV. With one click, DVD Photo Slideshow creates an exciting photo slide show with music, motion menus and transition effects. With DVD Photo Slideshow you can quickly and easily produce professional-looking photo slideshow DVD disc and share the slide show on home big screen TV with standard DVD player in the comfort of your living room. With a few minutes of work, you'll have an eye-catching slide show that will run on nearly any DVD player.
What’s the difference between the free trial version and the full version?
The only difference between the trial version and the full version is the limitation that you can only burn maximum 36 photos into each CD or DVD disc. After you purchase our product, you will be provided your registration name and code which will unlock the free trial version.
How to set your own photo to be the background image of the menu?
click "Add" button in "Background Images" panel under "Choose Menu" tab to choose the photo you want to set as the background image of the menu
Why I cannot run the downloded setup file?
You probably download a corrupted file due to overloaded network traffic. Please try to download the setup file again for several times. Please make sure the downloaded file size is exactly the same as the original file from the download website. (eg. The download size of version 6.51 is 27,700,021 bytes.)
What is the resolution of my photos shown on TV?
The DVD Photo Slideshow professional version supports DVD, SVCD, VCD 2.0 still picture as the output format. Please refer to the following video file comparison. Normally, the DVD output is the best in terms of the DVD player compatibility.
|DVD Player Compatibility||Great||Good||Excellent|
VCD 2.0 still picture format optimizes your digital photos and use the High Resolution Still Picture format which is supported by DVD/SVCD. This technique makes photos look great on TV. The resolution of the image shown on TV can be as high as 704x576.
Can I create more than one albums?
Yes, you can have multiple albums, each with unlimited photos. You need to use the multi-album feature in DVD Photo Slideshow as follows:
- In the "Organize Photos" window, click the "New Album" button. There will be a pop-up window where you need to input the album name.
- Select photos and add photos to the selected album.
- Repeat above steps to add more slideshows.
Can I loop my slideshows?
Yes. You may use the Navigation Control option to loop slideshow you have created. For example, after you create some photo albums, you may select the Navigation Control option according to the following steps.
- Click the menu View->Options. There will be a popup window to set up the options for the whole project.
- Select the After Playback option and choose the Continue to play the next clip (Loop) from the pull-down box.
- This option enables automatically playback of all slideshows you have created.
How many photos can be added to the slideshows?
DVD Photo Slideshow uses MPEG encoder. Since the output file is MPEG2 format, the capability depends on the number of photos, interval time between photos and the background music length. The program can calculate the disc space used when photos or background music are added into slideshows. There is no limitation with the photo numbers for each slideshow. The only limitation is the disc space of your DVD-R or DVD-RW disc. Normally, One 4.7G DVD-R disc can holds more than 1,000 photos with background music.
How to copy the project you have finished to another computer?
If you want to copy the project to another computer, please copy all photos and project file to the other computer with the same folder name. The slideshow project only saves the photo directory not the photo itself. You also need to install DVD Photo Slideshow on the other computer.
What kind of photos can be added to DVD Photo Slideshow ?
The photos with the format "jpg jpeg tif tiff bmp png " can be added to DVD Photo Slideshow .
What kind of music can be added to DVD Photo Slideshow ?
DVD Photo Slideshow supports MP3, WMA(not protected) and WAV format music files. It does not support protected music for iTunes, Windows Media Player. You can use audio converter tool to convert those DRM music to plain MP3 file and add them project. TuneClone can help you to finish this work. You can get it from http://www.tuneclone.com
How to play the music or your recorded voice in slideshow?
if you don't want to trim the music and it paly in some picturecs you choose, you had better choose the music time whose palying time equals the pictures palying time, you cold set the music's start palying time by "+1' "and "-1' " in "Transition & Music" item in "Organize Photo" window. you could also record your voice as the picture's explanation by "Recording" item. please see the screenshot in accessories.
What is the DVD padding mode?
The DVD padding mode is especially for the old version DVD player. Because if the file size in a DVD disc does not reach 1G when you play it in an old DVD player, it cannot play it successfully. By checking the "enable DVD padding mode", the program will automatically make some padding to make the file reach 1G then you can play it successfully.
The photos can not be in the same album with video clips?
The videos clips and photos couldn't be put in the same album, you need to add two albums, one for video clips, one for pictures. And after being published, they are separate.
How to make photos in the right order if you want to add many photos into DVD Photo Slideshow?
In “Album Photo” panel, please right click your mouse and check “details” in the drop-down menu, then you can order your photos by “Name”/”Size”/”Photo/File Date”/”Dimensions”/”Path”, and right click your mouse again to check “Rearrange to Current Viewing Slide Order”
How to make program window match computer screen when the program window becomes too large?
Please go the "Control Panel" of your computer and then double-click "Display" and then please click Desktop make sure the themes of your monitor is chosen as "Windows XP" if your operating system is Windows XP and then please come to "Appearance " tab and set the font size as "Normal" and finally, please come to "Settings" tab and click "Advanced" button to set DPI as 96 DPI. Please also adjust the resolution of your monitor. 1024 by 768 or above is recommended.
How to create a video and upload it to YouTube?
Yes, you can use DVD Photo Slideshow to create YouTube FLV video easily. You Just set the output format to be "YouTube uploadable Movie" in "Burn Disc" interface. After creating YouTube FLV video,you can upload it to YouTube.
Questions about Transition effects & Music :
Why can't I add background music from my PC to the slideshow ?
If you can not add the background music to the slideshow, please make sure Headphone is connected to your computer. After you connnect your Headphone to the computer, then restart the slideshow software and add your background music. Sometimes, some computers will cause this problem.
Why there are no transition effects when playing on TV?
DVD Photo Slideshow professional version supports DVD, SVCD, VCD 2.0 still picture as the output format. Please select SVCD or DVD as the output disc format if you need the transition effects. If you select the Still picture as the output format, there will be no transition effects available. The High Resolution Still Picture format makes photos look great on TV (resolution is as high as 704x576). To support this kind of high quality image format on TV with DVD player, the layout of files on CD is not the same as that of the normal video CD which can be played like a movie on TV or computer. This is the reason why this output format does not support transition effects.
How to set different duration time for the photos in the album ?
You coud set different duration time for every photos of the album. In the "Organize Photos" Window,please left double click the photo you want to set the time, and you will see a pop up "Photo Configuration"window. There you could set photo's duration time and transition effect one by one.
Can I customize transition effects for individual slide?
Yes. Double-click the photo you want customize, and click the following button to enter the pop-up window to customize
What if I just want to add a part of the music to my slideshow?
The current version does not support this feature. The current version takes the music file as a whole object and could not play part of the music on the slideshow. Please download the free version of Any Sound Recorder from http://www.any-sound-recorder.com and this program enables you edit the music files and save part of the music file as a new audio file.
Questions about the album theme or DVD playing menu template
How can I apply album theme to my slideshow?
Album theme is a newly added function of the DVD Photo Slideshow. By using the theme feature,
you can design your slideshow without too much complexity, because the theme can determine the overall
appearance of your slideshow. We provide about 30 motion themes for selection. Some of them are about sports,
some are about festival; some are very lovely, and some are very elegant. The window of
Album Theme is as follows:
With these themes, you can fix the uniform appearance of your slideshow. You can enter the titles at the beginning, which will be displayed before the slideshow plays. To some extent, what the text you enter is a little bit like a prologue in a play.
You can set the size and the color of the text as well as the effect it will display in your slideshow. After finishing the setting, you can click preview to watch the effect. The same method can be used to set credits at the end, which can be used to thank somebody.
After you select this theme, all the photos in your slideshow will be displayed within the frame. Before you burn your slideshow to the DVD disc, you can preview it by clicking Album preview
Where to get more templates?
DVD photo slideshow offers you more wonderful templates there. You just need to click "Get More Templates" at the right bottom of your "Choose Menu" Window. This will take you to a download link page, please download and install the templates packs,and the templates will be automatically imported to your DVD photo slideshow program.
How to remove DVD menu if you don't want to use it?
Yes, you can create a slide show without a menu . In the "Choose Menu" panel, just click "Menu Navigator" button, and uncheck the "Use DVD Menu" box.
How to create a slideshow without a theme on DVD?
1) If you want to make the background image blank, please find "Background Image" item of " Choose Menu" window, then upload a blank image from your computer as background image.
2) If you want to make the albums no theme, please find "Album Theme" in "Organize Photos" window, then choose "No theme".
Questions about DVD burning
Why pop up a dialog “Error Message” with information “There are no photos in some slideshow or some photo files are missing. Please fix these errors before continuing.”" when When I click “Burn Now!” ?
Firstly, please check if there are blank photos with a sunflower in their center, if yes, please delete these photos. Secondly, please check if there exist blank albums, if yes, please delete them. Then, please burn your slide show again.
Why the program hangs up during the burning procedures?
- Please make sure the ASPI driver is correctly setup. You may refer to support.html to help you install the ASPI driver.
- If your problem persists, please take another brand name of DVD-R or DVD-RW disc to have a try. Please select the output disc format as the SVCD or VCD 2.0 Still Picture if you want to burn normal CD-R or CD-RW disc.
- You may also try to create an image file with our software and then burn the image file with other DVD burning software such as Nero Burning Room to have a try. For example, after you create the image file on the Burn CD window, you may burn this image file ( .iso) using Nero Burning Room as the following steps.
-- In the main window of Nero Burning Room, click File->Burn Image. There will be a popup window where you can select the .iso image file created by DVD Photo Slideshow.
-- Select “Burn�? and follow the steps to burn the DVD disc.
Why my VCD or DVD Player does not recongnize the burned CD or DVD disc?
The reason why some burned CD or DVD discs cannot be played on your DVD/VCD player is due to the "Read" ability of your DVD/VCD player.
- Please try to play your burned CD or DVD disc with this DVD player software on your computer.
You may download the free DVD player software from the following links:
http://www.dvd-photo-slideshow.com/mpc2kxp6484.zip (for WinXP, Win2K)
http://www.dvd-photo-slideshow.com/mpc98me6484.zip (for Win98)
If the burned CD or DVD disc plays well, there is probably a compatibility problem with your current DVD player. Please try to play the burned CD or DVD disc on another DVD player. Since DVD-R disc is the best in terms of the compatibility ability for DVD players, please try to burn a DVD-R disc (not a DVD+R disc). If you do not have a DVD burner, please use another brand name of CD disc and select SVCD as the output disc format to have a try. Please also make sure your DVD player supports SVCD (Super Video CD) format CD disc.
- If you are burning DVD disc, please refer to the screenshot to change the DVD layout control
model and burn another DVD disc to have a try. This option is to solve the ready compatibility issues for most DVD players.
- If your problem persists, please use another brand name DVD-R disc and select the lowest burn speed (not the max. speed) to have a try.
Why only a part of my slideshow can not be seen on the TV?
Essentially, all television sets cannot fully display the entire screen. On playback, the TV can crop up to 10% off all sides of the picture (especially at the corners). More realistically, most TV sets will crop about 5% on most sides. That is, if you place visual data on a MPEG still or clip on a VCD that is too close to the edges, there is a chance that it would be cropped. If you are playing the slideshow on LCD TV, please uncheck the Enable Cropping option to disable this TV Cropping.
Why the size of my photos is only the quarter of the screen on TV?
When the photo is only the quarter of the screen on TV, you must be seeing the disc menu. Every disc menu selects the first photo of your photo slideshow you’ve prepared in the first step. When you see the main disc menu, please remember to press the digital button ( 1, 2, 3,..) on your DVD player's remote control to play the corresponding slide shows.
Why the program does not recognize my CD or DVD writer?
Please make sure the ASPI driver is correctly setup. Please refer to support.html to help you install the ASPI driver and run the "ASPI Test" program.
The answer to the burning time or burn speed question?
The burning process has something to do with your Slideshow duration under “Album settings” menu on the top right of “Transition & Music” panel. It almost takes two times long than the Slideshow duration. Besides, your computer configuration is also a factor. But you can switch to another burning mode to have a try: High quality, faster encode speed. This will speed up your process.
How to make multiple photo DVDs?
In the “Burn Disc” window, then click “DVD/CD Recorder Options” tab ,and choose the copy number you want in the menu “Burn multiple copies”
Question about online order and software registration
Is the Online Order Secure?
Yes. The online ordering is 100% secure! All data exchanged during the payment process is SSL-secured. Our servers support SSL Version 3 and 168-bit Triple DES encryption, and the RSA module and SSL sessions feature 1024-bit encryption. We leave nothing to chance when it comes to security.
The registration window disappears quickly?
Please save file named "License.ini" to "C:\ProgramData\Socusoft" folder from attachment of this e-mail and then open DVD Photo Slideshow Professional to have a try.
When Can I Get the Registration Code after Taking Online Ordering?
You will receive the registration name and code immediately after you finish ordering procedures. If you do not receive your code after several hours, please check your spam filtering in case that our registration email gets marked as spam and sorted into a "junk" folder or deleted. Make sure emails from all addresses at socusoft.com are white-listed. If you meet with any question about product delivery, product key, register, backup or update the program, please go to "Product key" page and read the Important Tips carefully to figure out whether there are relevant answers you need. If you still have relevant question or problem, please email us. You may also send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request that your code be resent to another email account owned by you.
If you are looking for information about copy your home video/film/photos to DVD, please read this helpful guide first.