How to Embed YouTube Videos Into PowerPoint Presentations easily
How to play and watch your YouTube video on Microsoft PowerPoint (2003, 2007, 2010) Presentations? It seems cool for users to put or post YouTube videos on PPT to watch their PPT Presentations, but many users do not know how to post the Videos on their PPT presentations.
Microsoft PowerPoint allows users to add or import Videos into PPT presentations with this help of Macromedia Shockwave Object component. The following tutorial will show you how to embed and insert a YouTube video into a PowerPoint presentation (2003, 2007, 2010).
Other related tutorials below:
How to embed a YouTube video in to a Microsoft PPT (2003, 2007, 2010) presentation?
Before you import a video into a presentation, you need to import the "Shockwave Flash Object control" at first:
Now, follow the steps below to add "Shockwave Flash Object control" to your ppt.
1. Add "Show Developer tab" into ppt 2007 or 2010 (Not for PowerPoint 2003 or other old versions). Click Microsoft Office Button on the top left and click “PowerPoint Options”, then go to the “PowerPoint Options” window and click “Popular”. Please choose “Show Developer tab in the Ribbon” and click “OK”.
2. Add "Shockwave Flash Object" into PowerPoint 2007 or 2010. Click the “Developer” tab and go to “Controls” group, then click the icon of hammer and nail for “More Controls” to go to the “More Controls” window and select “Shockwave Flash Object” in the list, then click “OK” at the bottom and use your mouse to drag on the panel to resize the control.
3. Please right click the control to choose “Properties” and go to the “Properties” window, where you can add the related information for YouTube movie.
4. On the “Properties” window, you click the “Movie” property and put a YouTube movie path into the value textbox(e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMzHDIGK94w)
Note: after you add the YouTube video URL, you also need to have a change. Please delete "watch?" and use "/" to replace "=". You can see my YouTube video URL will be become as below: http://www.youtube.com/v/jMzHDIGK94w
5. To make Video play automatically when the PPT presentation is viewed. You need to set the “Playing” as “True“ if you want your videos play automatically. To insert a movie into PowerPoint, you also need to set “Embed Movie” as “True”.
6. When all is ready, you save your presentation and close the “Properties” window. When you click the "Design Module" on the "Developer" tab, your YouTube video will play. And you embed a YouTube Videos into your PPT presentation successfully now.
Some tags: ppt 2003, microsoft 2003 office